If you’re a marketer, you’re no doubt familiar with the classic Peppers & Rogers basic CRM model: Identify, Differentiate, Interact, and Customize. Many companies have used it—and continue to do so—to cost-effectively win and keep valuable customers.
But today’s marketers face a…
Attention PITizens! Still time to submit for PIT Sketch House Teams Auditions. Please see details about requirements and for eligibility below!
AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD on SAT, FEB 23. These individual auditions will be run approximately 2-3 minutes in length.
- Completion of The PIT’s Improv Level 3 class and a background in performance and/or sketch comedy.
- If you are interested in being part of a PIT Sketch Team as a performer, you will need to drop off a headshot and resume at The PIT Box Office (123 E. 24th Street). Please make sure your headshot includes all of your current contact information.
- Sketch performers will be selected to audition from headshot, resume and experience. Those who are selected to audition will be given a slot to audition on Feb. 23 and will be notified no later than Feb. 22. If you apply to audition, please be prepared to find out about the invitation up until the day before. Having audition material prepared is imperative.
- Auditions will be 2-3mins in length. Each audition should show the selection committee your best characters, impressions and/or sketch-performance skills.
- Headshot/resume submission deadline is Thursday, Feb. 21 at 6pm.
SKETCH WRITERS WILL APPLY VIA EMAIL. Along with a cover letter highlighting any relevant experience, please submit one written sketch (5 pages or less) designed for live performance, written in a clear and easy-to-read format.
- Completion of The PIT”s Level 1: Intro to Sketch (or equivalent) or Writing for SNL. Any other comedy writing experience should be listed in your cover letter.
- All packets must be sent to email@example.com
- Submission deadline is Thursday, Feb. 21 @6pm.
If you are submitting as both a sketch writer and a performer, you must follow both sets of guidelines listed above. Please note on your packet and headshot that you are submitting as both.
IF YOU ARE PLACED ON A SKETCH HOUSE TEAM
Writers and performers will be expected to:
- Be willing and able to make your group a top priority, attending all performances and full group meetings
- Fully attend all rehearsals (which are to take place for up to more than 3 hours each week) and participate in all performances.
- Attending additional meetings to write sketches (writers) and to learn lines (performers)
- Sketches are written and rewritten quickly, sometimes very close to the night of the performance; writers and performers on PIT Sketch House Teams must be willing to work effectively in this fast-paced, creative environment
If you are not able/willing to comply with these requirements please DO NOT submit or audition. Costs incurred for the hiring of a director, rehearsal studios, will be at the team’s expense. Currently, PIT sketch house teams perform on Tuesday nights at 8PM. This schedule is subject to change.
It was the first time that I had ever seen the inside of a trailer home. I wanted to be there. Don’t really know why. Curiosity, I guess.
I think they could sense that I didn’t belong there. Too many big words. Like I was talking down to them or something.
I stayed for a while….
This week’s episode is featuring an ALL NEW CAST:
Colin Longstaff (1800-London, True to Form)
Donna Lobello (USA,Puppet)
Erick Hellwig (Herschel, Family Haircut)
Katie Haller (Arthur Warburton, Blue Suede)
Mitch Lucas (USA, ThunderHead, Olive, and Great White Shark)
Natasha Rogers (Staged!,Ladies & Gentlemen)
Nick Carrillo (USA,Scoundrels, MacGuffin, and The Eskimo Bros.)
Langston Belton (Macguffin, G.U.S. , BaseJam)
Produced by Natasha Rogers
For tickets go to this here place:
PIT house sketch teams National Scandal and Big Business will perform tonight at JC Fridays. If you are in Jersey City tonight and enjoy comedy, come on down!
I can’t remember the last time I was in New Jersey to do comedy!!!!
(It was yesterday, but I blocked it out.)